Around the hotel
Here in Oberjoch, Germany's highest mountain village in the southernmost part of Bavaria, we provide guests with the highest level of hospitality. A Kinderhotel that makes family holidays a special highlight of the year. Tell us what you'd like to see – your holiday experience and the well-being of your whole family are our top priorities!
The secluded location of our hotel, on the outskirts of Oberjoch, offers spectacular views of the Allgäu Alps. Directly located opposite the Iseler plateau, visitors can enjoy the hustle and bustle of the hiking and skiing area.
There is plenty to discover in the region. The Allgäu is perfect for children: climbing parks, swimming pools, playgrounds and tourist destinations of all kinds can be found around every corner. Children and adults alike can enjoy our beautiful region. Visitors can get close to nature, go walking or hiking, or simply play and be children. Obviously, skiing in Oberjoch is a special experience for your winter family-holiday, though there are plenty of other cool adventures to be had with toboggan runs, cleared hiking trails and ice-rinks.
The Bad Hindelang PLUS guest card offers guests a wealth of free leisure activities
As a Bad Hindelang PLUS host we give you lots of recreational fun for free!
At Familux Resort Oberjoch we call it “holiday without hidden costs”!
The advantages at a glance
- Free use of the mountain railways with Bad Hindelang PLUS. With the Iseler and Wiedhag lifts, you come up to a wonderful alpine hiking / skiing area.
- The Hornbahn Hindelang lift leads directly to the Imberger Horn, a beautiful family hiking and family skiing area (in winter with three toboggan runs). In winter, the ski passes for the Bad Hindelang ski areas which includes Oberjoch, Unterjoch and Bad Oberdorf (during normal operating times *) and free admission to the kids’ snow land (Schneekinderland).
- Free travel on the regular bus route to Sonthofen (Wonnemar) and into the Tannheimer valley (new since 01.12.2019)
- Free ride on the “Giebelhaus” bus from Hinterstein to the Allgäu High Alps nature reserve.
- Free parking at all public parking lots throughout the municipality.
- Free entry to the nature pool in Bad Hindelang.
- Free use of the tennis hall and tennis courts at the Hornbahn in Bad Hindelang.
- Free entry for 4 hours in the Wonnemar water park in Sonthofen. The use of the sauna world and the health spa is at an additional cost.
- Free entry for 3 hours to the Alpspitz bath centre in Nesselwang. Sauna admission at a small additional fee.
- Free fun in the indoor Allgäulino playground in Wertach with trampolines, the highest climbing castle in Germany and much more.
- Archery at the mountain-indian in Oberjoch at the foot of the Iseler.
For the 10th anniversary of Bad Hindelang PLUS card, we have something very special for you: 20 new experiences available exclusively with your PLUS card, starting May 2020. What no one else can, you can experience exclusively with your PLUS card! Get to know real Bad Hindelanger and experience our culture, nature and tradition up close.
- Bad Hindelanger “hiking moments”: Our hiking guide shows you his favourite tours.
- Alpine tours with a look at butter production on Germany's 1st organic alpine pasture: Our farmers Benedikt and Lena show you their pasture and make butter with you.
- Climbing with a mountain guide: Experience the most beautiful climbing trail in the Ostrach valley with our mountain guide Patrick.
- Mountain hiking & yoga – a perfect time-out: recharge your batteries and inner peace in the nature reserve Allgäu High Alps.
- Summer biathlon on the World Cup shooting range: Start. Focus. Fire. On the real World Cup shooting range with professional guidance.
- My tree in Bad Hindelang – tree planting with our forester: become part of Bad Hindelang and plant your own tree with us.
- Photo workshop in unique locations with photographer Jonathan Besler: Capture unique photo motifs in our Allgäu nature.
- Sunset rides with the mountain railways: Watch the last rays of sunshine disappear behind the mountain peaks – an incredible experience.
- Sunrise hikes: be the first on the mountain in the early morning: just inhale and enjoy.
- “Kässpatzen” cooking class: This is how we make our famous “Kässpatzen” in Bad Hindelanger. Cook and try with us.
- Asphalt “Curling”: with the Hindelang ice-sport club.
- Preparation of spice marinades with the meat and spice sommelier: Matthias shows you how to easily prepare tasty marinades for meat, vegetables and fruit in no time at all.
- “Krolf” for everyone: “Krolf” is a mixture of croquet and golf – give it a try.
- Wine seminars with wine sommelier Maria: With a curated selection, Maria will whisk you away to the world of wine.
- Wild herb salad and fragrant hay pillows: Rosi will prepare a delicious wild herb salad with you and sew fragrant hay pillows with you.
- Mowing with a scythe according to old customs: that's how the Hindelang grandfathers mowed our meadows.
- Alphorn player course: Learn to play one of our oldest and best known instruments.
- Mountain bike driving training with World Cup biker Nadine Rieder: tips and tricks from a professional biker.
- Biking with the tourism director Max Hillmeier: Our tourism director shows you his favourite tours in the beautiful Ostrachtal.
- Kletter & Bouldertreff in Tannheim: An excellent indoor climbing facility with top equipment. No matter whether you are a beginner or a professional, you will surely find the right path for you here.
- Cheese seminar with Benedikt and Lena: We make you a real alpine dairyman and let you make your own cheese.
- Bahila children's and family program: All events held by the Immenstadt Nature Experience Centre are free of charge.
You can register for all of our exclusive adventure services at the Tourist Information Bad Hindelang at +49 (0) 8324 8920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Current situation regarding the coronavirus
(as of June 30, 2020)
According to the current situation, the following Bad Hindelang PLUS services cannot be provided until further notice:
- Alpsitz bath centre, Nesselwang (starting July 30th)
- Natural bath, Bad Hindelang (starting mid of July)
- Allgäulino, Wertach
- Asphalt curling
- Alphorn player course
- Climbing and bouldering meet-up in Tannheim
The reservation conditions and use conditions of the “Bad Hindelang PLUS” card apply.
Summer in Oberjoch at our 4-star Kinderhotel
Let us take you outside – the best way to discover the surrounding area with all its charm. Not only do we offer you sport and exercise at the hotel, we obviously make use of the fantastic landscape of the Allgäu mountains. Relax in beautiful surroundings with minimum effort, or challenge yourself by carrying a moderate load.
Your car can have a holiday too, since travelling on the public bus service is free with the Bad Hindelang PLUS Card. Car parking spaces within the district are also free of charge.
Winter in Oberjoch – Germany’s highest mountain village
Ski area with Schneekinderland for your family skiing holiday
During the winter months, Oberjoch is a winter wonderland of snow and ice. The sunny plateau offers 33 km of beautifully prepared ski slopes, plus the Schneekinderland children’s area covering over 20,000 m².
The Iseler ski area is easy to reach on foot from the Kinderhotel, however there are hotel shuttle buses to transport passengers to and from the ski area throughout the day. Once a week, the skiing fun carries on into the night when you can ski under floodlights! Cosy mountain huts and inns invite you to stop for a refreshing break.
Family winter holidays in the Alps – here in Oberjoch in the Allgäu – are quite simply unforgettable! As an additional bonus, guests receive the Bad Hindelang PLUS Card with all its free services, e.g. free ski pass, free mountain railway to the toboggan runs, and lots more!