Around the hotel
Here in Oberjoch, Germany's highest mountain village in the southernmost part of Bavaria, we provide guests with the highest level of hospitality. A Kinderhotel that makes family holidays a special highlight of the year. Tell us what you'd like to see – your holiday experience and the well-being of your whole family are our top priorities!
The secluded location of our hotel, on the outskirts of Oberjoch, offers spectacular views of the Allgäu Alps. Directly located opposite the Iseler plateau, visitors can enjoy the hustle and bustle of the hiking and skiing area.
There is plenty to discover in the region. The Allgäu is perfect for children: climbing parks, swimming pools, playgrounds and tourist destinations of all kinds can be found around every corner. Children and adults alike can enjoy our beautiful region. Visitors can get close to nature, go walking or hiking, or simply play and be children. Obviously, skiing in Oberjoch is a special experience for your winter family-holiday, though there are plenty of other cool adventures to be had with toboggan runs, cleared hiking trails and ice-rinks.
The Bad Hindelang PLUS guest card offers guests a wealth of free leisure activities
This means guests staying at the Oberjoch Familux Resort really can enjoy holidays without any extra costs!
The following services are provided free of charge:
- Free travel on the Hornbahn and Iselerbahn cable cars up to the hiking areas (during normal hours of operation*)
- Travel on all bus routes in southern Oberallgäu and the Tannheim Valley in Tyrol, Austria
- Free bus travel to the 'Allgäuer Hochalpen' nature reserve in Giebelhaus (from Christmas to early November*)
- Free parking in public car parks in Bad Hindelang
- Entry to the Hindelang natural swimming pool (mid-May to mid-September*)
- Year-round entry to the 'Allgäulino' indoor play area in Wertach
- Entry to the Wonnemar water park in Sonthofen (4 hrs/day)
- Entry to the ABC-Bad swimming pool in Nesselwang (3 hrs/day)
- Use of the Hindelang and Unterjoch tennis courts (during the usual opening times*)
- Ski pass for Bad Hindelang including Oberjoch, Unterjoch and Bad Oberdorf (during normal hours of operation*)
- Schneekinderland children's snow land, the Hornbahn with 3 toboggan runs, 2 ice-rinks (during normal hours of operation*)
- Archery with the 'mountain Indians' in Oberjoch at the foot of the Iseler (during summer*)
- Reduced entry to over 70 attractions in Oberallgäu and neighbouring Kleinwalsertal
Summer in Oberjoch at our 4-star Kinderhotel
Let us take you outside – the best way to discover the surrounding area with all its charm. Not only do we offer you sport and exercise at the hotel, we obviously make use of the fantastic landscape of the Allgäu mountains. Relax in beautiful surroundings with minimum effort, or challenge yourself by carrying a moderate load.
Your car can have a holiday too, since travelling on the public bus service is free with the Bad Hindelang PLUS Card. Car parking spaces within the district are also free of charge.
Winter in Oberjoch – Germany’s highest mountain village
Ski area with Schneekinderland for your family skiing holiday
During the winter months, Oberjoch is a winter wonderland of snow and ice. The sunny plateau offers 33 km of beautifully prepared ski slopes, plus the Schneekinderland children’s area covering over 20,000 m².
The Iseler ski area is easy to reach on foot from the Kinderhotel, however there are hotel shuttle buses to transport passengers to and from the ski area throughout the day. Once a week, the skiing fun carries on into the night when you can ski under floodlights! Cosy mountain huts and inns invite you to stop for a refreshing break.
Family winter holidays in the Alps – here in Oberjoch in the Allgäu – are quite simply unforgettable! As an additional bonus, guests receive the Bad Hindelang PLUS Card with all its free services, e.g. free ski pass, free mountain railway to the toboggan runs, and lots more!